Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 5 and Preparation for Day 6














































Today was another great day and tomorrow promises to be even better. Day 5 of the Institute concentrates on integrity. We had amazing conversations throughout the day. The day ended in the Learning Community with the LeaderShape review -- it was hysterical and at times very serious too. During the review, the students had a great time preparing and presenting their skits and really enjoyed summarizing the entire 6 day Institute in their own words and actions. We also continue to have amazing food including some absolutely tasty grilled meats for lunch and dinner -- they were on skewers and were grilled on the patio of the resort. YUM! You can also see the very large silver and gold serving tray where they served us an entire lamb for lunch!


For you continued enjoyment or amazement I have taken some pictures of the faculty meeting room we used. It is actually a suite and is just as gorgeous as the rest of the resort. My favorite place was the large desk that I have included a picture of in this blog. I have also included some pictures of the large ornate couches and paintings. Lastly, I added an additional picture of the furniture we might want to consider for our office renovation... I think you all are going to like it!

Tomorrow is the last day of the Institute and will be as unique as I think possible. One of the Sheikhas (a Princess) is coming to the Institute to speak at the beginning of Commencement. As you can imagine there are many details that need to be worked out prior to her arrival. I have been told she will arrive in a motorcade and have many of her staff with her. The students have been reminded about what is appropriate and not appropriate while she is with us and the red carpet has literally been rolled out. (See the pictures of us "trying" it out!) This is an amazing experience for the students who are citizens of Qatar (really everyone) as you can imagine. I will post more tomorrow and let you know how it all goes. We are all quite excited.


Tomorrow after the institute, I will go back to Doha. Later that evening, I am going to go to the Exxon Mobil Men's Tennis Open with Lindsay and Justin. It should be a lot of fun and again, something I have never seen before.



I will post more tomorrow and look forward to seeing all of you soon!



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having an amazing experience! It is fun to read your blog. Be safe :)

    Beth Lingren Clark

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want all the red chairs and carpet for the ballrooms at FSU... Looks like things continue to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete